Knights Calendar

Thursday, December 16, 2010

Another Teacher Gift on the Fly

I bought these tins from Stampin' Ups clearance rack a while back. They measure 5 1/2 x 4 3/4. I pondered what to do with them. So, I had made snowman soup with mugs for my sons' teacher's but I decided that wasn't really enough. So, today I put together 5 of these tins with gift tags. The inside of tin I made using cardstock. The middle insert measures 4 3/4 x 4 1/2, scored at 1 1/2, 2 1/4, and 3 inches. The two side ones measure 6 1/4 x 2 1/2, scored at 2 3/8, 3 1/8, and 2 3/8. Good thing my son just learned how to add and subtract fractions, so it was fresh in my mind when I had to use his math to help me. I was never good with fractions, especially the 8th ones. After scoring, fold mountain and valley. Place the large one in the middle, and the smaller ones on each side of the middle one. The dsp was cut at 2 1/2 x 2 3/8. I made the tags using the tags til' christmas stamp set. I don't have the ornament punch so, I had to use the movers and shakers die ornament to cut the tags, I stamped the image and spaced it over the die. The punch would have been much easier :) I just made the outside look like a present. I didnt' have a lot time to get really creative.
The idea came from Angie Juda, here is the link to her post. My Chic n Scratch Classroom Bonus Project. Her tin is a little smaller and her measurements are different. But same tags.
I hope you enjoy.

No comments:

To Order Stampin' Up Supples - Email Me

Please email me at robbysmommyga@aol.com

Places I visit

Places I visit


Hit Counter